Rainford Tennis Club officially open for 2021 season(April 25, 2021)
Following the national lockdown restrictions, Rainford Tennis Club is now officially open for the 2021 season.
Our weekly Club Sessions, including Men's Tennis, Women's Tennis and Golden Tennis have re-started and you can book your place online now.
Our Coaching Programme for adults and children continues with our new Head Coach Sarah Hillier and you can book your place now on a weekly pay-and-play basis.
Memberships are now available for the new season and these can be purchased online now. There are special 'early-bird' discounts for existing or new members who join before 1st May.
All members must adhere to the following guidelines whilst using the facilities at Rainford Tennis Club.
- Courts 1, 2 and 3 (Shale Courts) and Courts 4, 5 and 6 (Hard-Courts) are all available for members to book. All court bookings must be made before playing via the online Court Booking System. You cannot just turn up and play. If you are unable to play you must cancel your booking as soon as possible.
- Members who play on Courts 1, 2 and 3 (Shale Courts) must brush the courts after usage. All members are expected to do this and it is disrespectful to other members if you leave the Club without brushing the courts.
- Both singles play and doubles play is now permitted with people from outside of your household, as long as you remain 2 metres apart as much as possible. Players must leave the court 10 minutes before the end of your allotted time.
- The Clubhouse will remain closed until further notice with the exception of toilet access during coaching sessions.
- The Club is permitted to run organised Club Sessions, for example Men’s Night and Women’s Night. Places on these sessions have limited place and so all members must pre-book.
- Coaching groups and individual lessons can be delivered but by only by registered coaches who have signed a coaching agreement with Club.
- Before leaving home to play tennis, all participants should undergo a self- assessment symptom check for any COVID-19 symptoms using the information on the NHS website. If you are symptomatic or living in a household with someone else who has a possible or confirmed COVID-19 infection you should remain at home and not go out to play tennis.
- Hand hygiene is imperative - use your own alcohol gel to clean your hands after touching a shared surface, including tennis balls, gates and fences, mini tennis nets and court brushes.
- Spectators are not permitted at the Club at any time. The only exception is a parent/guardian supervising young children, vulnerable adults or disabled people who are playing tennis. Where this is the case, only one person is permitted per participant.
- Please take all litter home with you including used bottles, tennis ball tubes, ring-pulls and over-grips.
- Members use the facilities at their own risk and you must follow Government advice, LTA guidance and Club rules at all times.
- The Committee reserves the right to terminate the membership of any member found to be in breach of the above rules.
For more information on the re-start of outdoor tennis, please visit the LTA website.
25th April 2021